Seaweed (nori - のり) cookies for my little boy, who is a seaweed lover. This cookie is more on the savoury side to bring out the taste of seaweed. Mayonnaise adds extra flavour to it, but it is optional. Well, you have my permission to adjust the amount of sugar and add any spices to create your very own taste.
Ingredients (makes 1 small container):
125 g Unsalted Butter, soften
50 g Icing Sugar
Pinch of salt
1 Whole Egg, beaten
2 tbsp Mayonnaise (Japanese brand)
90 g Cake Flour
10 g Corn Flour
¼ tsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp Seaweed Powder
- Combine butter, icing sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat mixture till fluffy and creamy. Stir in mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add in egg in batches and mix well after each addition.
- Add in seaweed (reserve some for topping), sift in flours and baking powder. Mix till just combined.
- Transfer batter/soft dough into a pastry bag and squeeze onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle some seaweed powder over the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven at 150°C for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before storing in a airtight container.