A quick and easy fried chicken recipe that I like - fried chicken breast strips with crispy cornflakes coating. Together with vegetable sticks, it was a yummy home-made fast food kiddy meal for my boy.
Both John and I loved cucumber and carrot sticks with mayonnaise (Japanese brand) very much. If you have not tried, vegetable sticks (both poached and raw) are really good with mayonnaise, sometimes I will add some Korean chilli paste (gochujang) for extra kick.
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
300g chicken breast meat, cut into strips
2-3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 nos. egg, lightly beanten
1 tbsp milk
60g cornflakes (more/less), crushed
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Oil for deep-frying
- Pat dry chicken strips with paper towel then marinate with salt and pepper to taste for about 10 minutes. Add in other spices if desired.
- Meanwhile, prepare egg mixture by mixing together egg and milk in a bowl.
- And, combine crushed cornflakes with salt and pepper in a separated shallow bowl.
- Put all-purpose flour into a clean plastic bag, add in chicken strips and shake well to coat all chicken strips with flour evenly.
- Take a piece of chicken coated with flour, shake to remove excess flour. Dip into egg mixture, then drop in cornflakes bowl to coat. Repeat for all chicken strips.
- Heat oil in a pot, drop in chicken strips and fry with medium heat till golden brown.