Matcha Chiffon Cake [A Healthier Option]

Matcha Chiffon Cake

My 6" chiffon pan is too small for our family of four now, boys are growing really fast and they are like little munching machines! Finally, I invested in a 9" chiffon pan that I eyed on every time I patronised the baking supplies shop.


Chiffon Pan

I was not sure what to bake at first until I found two small containers of matcha T bought on his last trip home few months ago. I used my favourite chiffon recipe but lazy to adjust the recipe to suit 9" as a result the cake was a bit short.


Ingredients (8"):
A
4 egg yolks
20gm caster sugar
50gm vegetable cooking oil
70ml milk
¼ tsp salt

B
100gm cake flour (or 85gm all purpose flour + 15gm cornflour)
2 tbsp matcha powder
½ tsp baking powder

C
4 egg whites
100gm caster sugar
⅛ tsp cream of tartar

Methods:

  1. Preheat oven to 170 degree C.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together ingredients A until combined.
  3. Sift together ingredients B, then add into (2) and mix well. Set aside for later use.
  4. In another large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks. Add in sugar and cream of tartar and continue to beat until stiff.
  5. Take ¼ of the meringue and mix with (3) until well mixed. Gradually add in remaining meringue fold in till just combined.
  6. Transfer batter into chiffon pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
  7. Invert the cake immediately after taking out from oven, and cool on rack completely before turning out from pan.

Cook's Note:
For chiffon cake, the meringue does not need to be too stiff, if too stiff the cake will have dry texture.

Matcha Chiffon Cake


Comments

  1. My kids don't like matcha bakes but since it's a healthier option, I try to add them to stuff they like, like chiffon/jelly.

    Nice green cake you've got there!

    I still refuse to buy a chiffon cake pan, too many things, too little space. And luckily I'm able to bake chiffons in my regular round tins so I'm happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3rd chiffon cake i've seen this week hehe. first was mine, black sesame, then pickyin with pandan and yours with matcha. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessed Homemaker,
    My boys are okay with matcha and they love matcha icecream so muh. My kitchen space also limited, thought for long then I bought the pan. Furthermore, we are temporarily here so I don't really want to stuff alot of kitchen toy.

    Swee San,
    Lots of ppl like chiffon, healthier option and easy to make.

    Jeannie,
    You are so right, little munching machines never get fat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!! I hv a 10" chiffon pan.. May I know how to convert the recipe from 8" pan? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, not very sure how to convert this recipe to fit a 10" pan. But, you can try with 5 eggs and adjust all other ingredients (increase by 25% ).

    Eg:
    50g cooking oil + 25% = 62.5g

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love its color, so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)