Osechi Ryori [Happy New Year 2012]

Happy New Year 2012! Wishing you and your family a year filled with peace and happiness.

Osechi Ryori

Osechi ryori (御節料理) is traditional Japanese new year foods, usually present in a stack of special lacquer boxes called jubako (重箱). I reused this black box came with osechi we ordered last year as we do not have a jubako here in Malaysia.


OsechiTraditionally, osechi is cooked in bulk before the dawn of new year and it supposes to last for a few days, but I cooked in small amount. It was just nice for two meals for a family of four, after I packed a small box of osechi for our neighbour. DH had some (not from the box) on the new year eve with his favourite syochu (焼酎) and Japanese countdown entertainment program on NHK.






onishime (お煮しめ) 
Onishime (お煮しめ) - a stew dish cooked with winter vegetables and usually cooked in a large pot.












Before I dozed off last night after a tired day I then realised I had not used a single drop of cooking oil in all dishes!

   

Comments

  1. What a lovely assortment of food. It all looks delicious. This was my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)