Merry Christmas! This is actually the cake I baked last Christmas just realized it is not on MK YET, hope you would not mind this "leftover" cake. Well, this year Christmas still not finalized most probably it will be something that goes with my mood. Looking forward to it, myself. As mentioned in the title line, Christmas is about giving, please read till the end of this post to find out about the give-away event.
It was Moist Chocolate Cake with ganache filling between layers and chocolate cream frosting. Little chocolate-mushroom on the cake was store-bought it, one of my boys' favourite sweet treats. Final touch with sugar dust really bring out the Christmas feel. Deco still have plenty of rooms for improvement, hope you guys like the idea.
To make a 6" round cake, I did:
- Cake: Moist Chocolate Cake - prepared whole recipe, poured in enough batter for a 6" pan (80% full) and the rest in the cupcake cases.
- Ganache: Recipe from Joy Of Baking
- Chocolate Cream Frosting: Whisked fresh cream (200 ml) + Ganache, just to get the colour as the cake itself is already chocolatey enough.
Right, now is about the give-away event. I bought something for the event few months ago but only have the time to write about it now. TAA-DAA!
TWO (2) sets of assorted western and traditional Japanese "sweets", each set consists of 5 little packets as shown in the photo above. Please note that they are not suitable for children 0 to 3 year-old. [TWO winners]
A M size Anpanman apron, not only suitable for in the kitchen but great for those working with young children. [ONE winner]
To qualify, follow these simple steps:
- Like My Kitchen page on Facebook.
- Find the post about this give-away event on My Kitchen page, and comment under the post there. NOT HERE.
- Please tell me you would like to participate in this event, sorry that no selection of item is allowed.
- Share is not required but if you share on your wall you earn yourself extra 2 chances to win.
Other stuff to take note:
- In total, there will be THREE (3) winners. Each will get either a set of erasers or an apron.
- Only ONE item for one winner, too bad if your name drawn twice.
- This event is without the boarder, as long as your address/country is able to accept parcel from Japan you are invited to participate.
- Closing date: 2013 December 15, 23.59pm Japan time.
- All entries after which will be disqualified without any prior notice.
- Winners will be random pick with the software available online.
- Last but not least, not appeal will be entertained.