Both my boys prefer chicken over beef and pork, fried chicken is their first choice of course but I always give them healthier version to promote healthy eating habits. Guess what? They simply love it. When grilling it, they always called from the other corner of the house "Mama, something smelling good are you cooking?"
Even though oil is unnecessary in this dish but it is neither fat-free nor smoke-free, the chicken is cooked with its own fats. Don't be afraid to play with the spices, you will always have delicious food without having have to spend hours in the kitchen. Oh yes, just mix together some steamed rice with chicken oil remaining in the pan you will have a bowl of flavorful rice to go with grilled chicken.
Pan Grilled Rosemary Chicken
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 600g chicken thigh meat (2 large thighs)
- 1 tbsp cooking sake or shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 prig rosemary, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Pinch of chili powder
- Cut each chicken thigh into bite size, marinate with all other ingredients for at least 30 minutes.
- To cook, preheat a non-stick pan on high heat. Add a few drops of oil if necessary, put in chicken with skin side down. Cook for about a minutes then turn the heat down to medium-low and cook until browned. Turn the chicken over and continue to cook until the chicken is well cooked.
- Arrange on serving plate, serve warm.