Black Pepper Crab

Cooked this crab based on my memory of the cooking show on TV I watched the other day. This is 3rd time I cook this dish... Tak loves it. I don't mind cooking it but I do mind cleaning the crab... I became a killer!! Too bad that the fish market would not clean the crab for us, they only clean the fish.

Ingredients (1-2 persons):
1 Fresh Crab (abt 1kg)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp Black Peppercorn
Oil for deep-fry
  1. Crush peppercorn and toast it in pan together with salt on low heat until the salt turn light brown.
  2. Clean crab and cut into 8 pieces.
  3. Pat dry with paper towel and deep-fry for 1 minute.
  4. Place fried crab pieces into pepper and salt mixture. Toss to coat.
  5. Serve hot.
I used spanner crab for this dish simply it is fresh and cheap. I was not sure what to do with this crab when we bought it for the first time and could not find any recipe for this crab. I found some information about spanner crab at NSW Fisheries website. I ate white pepper mud crab before with same cooking method but not many restaurant offer white pepper crab (in Singapore). I am thinking of using white pepper next time.

Comments