Bagels [His Favourite]

Bagels

This photo has been submitted to DMBLGiT 07 2007, the gallery for this month entries is available here. (updated on 20 July 2007)

Have been eating cornflakes for breakfast for the past few days, it is not a norm for me to have cornflakes but I am loving it. Poor Tak had no bread or muffin since I started my cornflakes breakfast, what he had were crackers or puff pastries with blue cheese and avocado. I tried to get him to eat cornflakes too but he hated milk so much!

Baked some bagels for breakfast today, he loved it... and I loved it too. He asked me to bake again tomorrow. I adapted umi_e's recipe from here, actually it is a simple bread recipe and the only difference is to boil the dough before baking them.

Ingredients (12 pcs):
1 cup warm water
3½ cup of bread flour
1 tbsp milk powder
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tsp salt
3½ tsp yeast
¼ cup castor sugar
Milk for glazing
1-2 tbsp sesame seeds

Directions:
  1. Prepare dough using bread maker.
  2. Remove dough from bread maker and divide it into 12 equal portions. Shape them as if making donut.
  3. Place shaped dough onto a lightly floured tray and cover with damp cloth. Let rise for 30 minutes. It is now winter here, so I kept them in the oven with a big pot of hot water on the lower shelf for 30 minutes.
  4. Boil water in a pot. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C. Boil dough in boiling water for 1 minute, cool for 5 minutes then glaze with milk.
  5. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on the top and bake for 20 minutes.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)