Earl Grey Chiffon Cake

IMGP2315a

Another recipe for testing my new toy - 6" chiffon pan bought from Singapore. I love the sweet aroma of the earl grey tea, so refreshing yet calming. This recipe is adapted from Alex Goh's Oregano Spinach Chiffon Cake.

Ingredients (8"):
A
4 egg yolks
20gm caster sugar
50gm vegetable cooking oil
40ml strong earl grey tea
30ml milk
¼ tsp salt

B
100gm cake flour (or 85gm all purpose flour + 15gm cornflour)
½ tsp baking powder

C
4 egg whites
100gm caster sugar
⅛ tsp cream of tartar

D
2 tsp earl grey tea leaves

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 170 degree C.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together ingredients A until combined.
  3. Sift together ingredients B, then add into (2) and mix well. Set aside for later use.
  4. In another large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks. Add in sugar and cream of tartar and continue to beat until stiff.
  5. Take ¼ of the meringue and mix with (3) until well mixed. Gradually add in remaining meringue, and lastly stir in tea leaves. Stir until just combined.
  6. Transfer batter into chiffon pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
  7. Invert the cake immediately after taking out from oven, and cool on rack completely before turning out from mould.

Comments

  1. Cantiknyaa...gambar..nampak mcm kat 5 star hotel laa....

    ReplyDelete
  2. gambar je 5 star... chef dia dari 2 star bakery. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's me...alexia. So boring today la...and sleepy...bleh...but ur cake really looks great! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. sis, thanks for the book!! see... i used it :p

    boss not in? or still in KS? how's mum n bro?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No ar, boss in but can access blogger. Just came back from KS last night and reached at 12:30am. Sis, I'm thinking of resigning this job...what do you think? Because I don't think I can cope with it anymore after so many trials... but if resign...will bcome jobless...how..???

    Alexia

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, mum is fine. She already at home when I went back last week. So do big bro, he go back Sabah today. He just like a stranger to me and I think vice versa.

    I don't 1na waste the company's time to find 1 that suitable to fill the position and at the mean time I really can't take the headache anymore. HELP...!!! I ask when I have problems but they reply "this is ur JOB"...I ask because I don't know and need clarification ma...totally guideless..and helpless. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. If u really cant take it anymore... check carefully the contract. And, at the same time look for a job, until u got another job then u resign.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To avoid flood of comments if I continue posting u comments as messages, you may post comment onto my blog of the latest post. That's the only way we can talk here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like everything about this pic.perfecto

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm planning on making this cake tomorrow but I'm not clear on whether this recipe is for a 6" cake pan or a 9" cake pan (because next to ingredients you have written 9")

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the recipe is for 9" pan, make half if u use 6" pan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there =)

    Can i ask the weight of the egg? Thanx for sharing the receipes =)

    Cheers
    Kaori

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why are all liquid ingredients measured in 'ml' except for the cooking oil which is in 'gram'?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kaori,
    I usaually use 60g egg (incl. shell) for my bakings.

    Anonymous,
    Well, my habit to weigh the oil. Easier for me to wash the bowl compare to a small measuring cup. Btw, I dont like to use measuring cup for fat/oil.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this very good recipe !
    I was looking for one of these Angel cake, cotton cake or chiffon cake so light. I used to bake "Gâteau de Savoie" which is supposed ago be at the the origin of the chiffon cake. I like it also.
    All the best
    JPierre

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)