Chocolate Muffin (Pancake Mix Version) / 松糕粉巧克力玛芬


This is the first muffin I baked this year in September! I have been cutting down baking to reduce sugar intake since last year. As a result, the pack of semi-sweet chocolate chips I bought from Costco was left untouched for months. Finally, I decided to bake something easy for afternoon tea. 2 kgs of chocolate chips still a long way to go!

It was my first time to use the pancake mix in baking the muffin. I am glad that they turned out moist and fluffy. My boys asked me to bake again the next day, with more chocolate chips topping. For information, the pancake is called hotto ke-ki (hot cake) in Japan. After living here for more than six years, I still can't get myself used to the Jap-lish.


Pancake Mix Chocolate Muffin
 (松糕粉巧克力玛芬/ホットケーキミックスチョコマフィン)

Makes 10 to 12 pieces

Ingredients:
300 g Pancake mix
80 g Granulated sugar
120 g melted butter
200 g Semi-sweet chocolate chips (extra for topping)
120 ml Milk + 1 tsp vinegar
2 tbsp Water or black coffee
2 Large eggs

Methods:

  1. Combine the chocolate chips and butter in a heatproof bowl. Melt the chocolate with either double boil method or microwave it. Set aside.
  2. In a separate bowl, bring together the milk, water/coffee, sugar and eggs. Whisk until well combined.
  3. Add in the pancake mix and fold to mix.
  4. Add in the chocolate mixture. Fold to mix with a spatula.
  5. Spoon the batter into muffin cups, 80% full, add chocolate chips topping if desired.
  6. Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for 25 mins.
  7. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.

Comments

  1. Any idea what is in the pancake mix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing some different thing for people, Pancakes are very delicious and good for relatives. Keep giving updates.

    Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Rancho Santa Fe California

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice recipe. I can not wait for my new kitchen and cooking such cool things! :) soon we will start doing it with the company home expert and I hope that something cool will come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful piece of information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)