This is my favorite cake of all time, buttery, mI like it without frosting but you may add frosting if you like. It is perfect for tea time or as a simple cake to share with your friends and family at the gathering. If you like oranges and butter cake, you should try this one.
Orange Pound Cake
香橙磅蛋糕 / オレンジパウンドケーキ
Ingredients (18x8x6cm loaf pan):
100 g unsalted butter, room temperature
70 g granulated sugar
100 g whole eggs, room temperature
20 g almond powder
80 g cake flour (low protein flour)
2 g baking powder
1 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp candied orange peel (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour the loaf pan, or line with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs in batches, whisk together until well combined.
- Sift together the almond powder, flour and baking powder, then fold into the creamed butter.
- Fold in the orange juice and candied orange peel.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, flatten and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 170°C. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.**
- Remove from the oven, cool completely on a wire rack.
**For a beautiful crack at the center of the cake, make a 2-3mm deep cut on the surface after 10 minutes of baking.