Cooked chicken curry for International Student Lunch today, served it with steamed rice. All of them liked it and they finished everything including the curry gravy!
1 whole Chicken, chopped into 16-20 pieces
6 Baby Potatoes, peeled and quarted
1 cup Coconut Milk
3-4 cups Water
4 tbsp Curry Powder (Babas' brand)
2 tbsp Chili Paste (I used sambal belacan)
1 stalk Lemon Grass, crashed
3 Shallots, peeled and chopped
5 cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
8-10 Curry Leaves
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
Salt to taste
- Mix curry powder with 2tbsp of water to form a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a large pot, saute shallot, garlic, curry leaves, lemon grass and curry paste till fragrance.
- Add in chicken, cook for 5 minutes to sear the chicken.
- Add in water and bring to boil.
- Add in potatoes and let it simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Season with salt.
- Add in coconut milk and bring to boil.
- Garnish with chopped chili and fried shallots if desire.
- Serve with steamed rice or Roti Canai or baguette.
Chili paste can be substituted with chili powder, the amount of chili is very much depends on individual's preference.