A dip a day.... another recipe from the Delicious Dips cookbook. Was lazy to go out yesterday, the only recipe I could try with the ingredients I had was this shrimp dip. I served it with dumpling crisps. T and I agreed that this dip would be a prefect snack for the party, quick and easy yet delicious.
Ingredients (makes 3 cups):
- 500g shrimps
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp freshly ground white pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Boil shrimps over high heat for about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under running cold water. Peel, devein, chop finely and transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add in all other ingredients, stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Cover and keep in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. This dip can be prepared up to 2 days in advance.
- Serve chilled with deep-fried wontan or dumpling crisps, vegetable chips, bagel chips, etc.
**This recipe is adapted from Delicious Dips by Diane Morgan.