Vegetable-Barley Chicken Soup [One for all!]

Vege-Barley-Chicken Soup

I always used barley for making barley drink with dried winter melon. Since there was no more stock of winter melon in the pantry, I used the small amount of barley left for soup instead. First savory barley soup I ever made, it was superb. Barley and lots of vegetables in it made it hearty and filling.


It was good for my 7 moths old boy too, I scooped out some potatoes and carrots before adding salt then mashed them up with some soup to make baby food. One for all, how convenient!

Ingredients:
¼ Chicken (I used free-range chicken)
100 g Button Mushroom
¼ cup Barley, rinsed
1 Carrot, cut into chunks
1 large Potato, cut into chunks
1 Onion, cut into wedges
2 stalks Celery
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 tbsp Coriander Powder
2 Bay Leaves
1-2 litres Water
Greens (Broccoli, sweet peas, etc)
Salt to taste

Methods:

  1. Boil water in a large pot, add in all ingredients except greens and salt.
  2. Bring to boil then let it simmer until potato is softened.
  3. Add salt to taste and let it cook for further 10 minutes or so.
  4. Then, add greens and cook for 2-3 minutes. Serve warm.

Vege-Barley-Chicken Soup

Comments

  1. it's reallay full of veggies.
    walaneh..i'll try it someday.
    for my boy.
    tq for the recepi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so colourful...am looking at different ways of including barley into my diet...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never used barley in my soup. This Barley Chicken soup looks so healthy, I must cook this soup one day for my family. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try to make one for my 11-months twins...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)