Broccoli is one of our family's all time favourite vegetables, I am trying to prepare it in various dishes. This is our latest broccoli dish, the sauce is infused with curry leaf which gives it a wonderful curry aroma.
I am happy that John (2y9m) is a vegetable lover he likes to munch on vegetables such as carrot stick, boiled baby corn and boiled broccoli. As for leafy vegetables, he would not refuse it if I chop it down to small pieces. My aunt was surprised to see J ate lots of vegetables when we were at my mom's place.
There was once he almost choked with leafy vegetables as he did not chew or was unable to break it down into small pieces even though it was quite soft. Since then, I always have a pair of scissors ready for dinner to cut his portion of vegetables or other food. From there, I learnt that he did not like leafy vegetables not because of their taste.
Calories: 295 cals
300g Broccoli, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, sliced
5-6 Curry Leaf
1 tbsp Butter
¼ cup Evaporated Milk
1 tsp Curry Powder
Salt to taste
4 cup Water
1 tsp Sugar
Pinch of Salt
- Boil water in a pot, add in sugar, salt and broccoli in the boiling water. When the water begin to boil again, remove broccoli and set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add in butter, curry leaves and garlic. Stir-fry garlic for few seconds then add in evaporated milk and curry powder. Let it simmer and thicken up a little.
- Add salt to taste then add poached broccoli in to the sauce. Stir broccoli to coat with sauce.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve warm.
- If cooking for young children, cook the broccoli a bit longer to make it softer.
- Evaporated milk can be substituted with stock and fresh cream.