Stir-fried Tofu with Snow Mushroom [Y3K Recipes Issue No. 57]

Stir-fried Tofu with Mushroom

This is a quick and tasty tofu dish that my boys like, I guess it is because of the slightly sweet taste in this type of soy sauce based dishes. They are not meat lovers so tofu is another good source of protein other than egg. This recipe can be found in Y3K Recipes Issue No. 57 along with three other recipes from My Kitchen.

Y3K_57

 Other My Kitchen recipes featured in this issue are Okonomiyaki, Dorayaki and Unagi Maki.

* * * * * 
Ingredients:
2 tbsp Butter
150g Five-spice Tofu (五香豆干)
150g Snow Mushroom or Shiitake Mushroom
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Mirin
Pinch of Sugar
Spring Onion for garnish

Methods:
  1. Cut tofu into slices, about 5mm in thickness.
  2. Discard root part of the snow mushroom then cut into two portions if too long.
  3. Heat a non-stick pan, add in 1 tablespoon butter, pan-fry tofu until browned slightly on both sides.
  4. Add in another tablespoon of butter and mushroom. Cook until mushroom is softened.
  5. Add in soy sauce, mirin and sugar. Cook for about 1 minute.
  6. Transfer to serving plate, garnish and serve with steamed rice.

Comments

  1. Looks so delicious! Going to give it stir soon. Thanks for sharing.

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm...salivating and tummy fattening

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my kind of dish. Bookmarking this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. marking!marking! my favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lydia where can I get the 5 spice tofu? I am in Ipoh. MY daughter-in-law is vegeterian, so this will be good for her.
    Tks in advance, Mrs Singh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs Singh,

    I got it from Tesco, I think some tofu seller at pasar also selling it. In Tesco, they put it together with other type of tofu. It is firm bean curd, brown in colour.

    cheers,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)