This is a quick and tasty tofu dish that my boys like, I guess it is because of the slightly sweet taste in this type of soy sauce based dishes. They are not meat lovers so tofu is another good source of protein other than egg. This recipe can be found in Y3K Recipes Issue No. 57 along with three other recipes from My Kitchen.
* * * * *Ingredients:
2 tbsp Butter
150g Five-spice Tofu (五香豆干)
150g Snow Mushroom or Shiitake Mushroom
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Mirin
Pinch of Sugar
Spring Onion for garnish
- Cut tofu into slices, about 5mm in thickness.
- Discard root part of the snow mushroom then cut into two portions if too long.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add in 1 tablespoon butter, pan-fry tofu until browned slightly on both sides.
- Add in another tablespoon of butter and mushroom. Cook until mushroom is softened.
- Add in soy sauce, mirin and sugar. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Transfer to serving plate, garnish and serve with steamed rice.