Edamame [Snack Packed With Goodness]

Edamame
When we were in Penang, my younger boy did not show any interest in edamame, I did not expect him eating the other day but he surprised me. Thus, I bought another pack today for boys healthy snack. If you are new to edamame (枝豆), it is immature soybean and commonly boil or steam before serving. Edamame is rich in carbohydrates, protein, dietary fiber, and micronutrients, particularly folates, manganese, and vitamin K.[source: wikipedia

For its goodness, I can see many mame days to come. I always boil the beans, perhaps next time I should try the baked version. By the way, I added the leftover in sake meshi (salmon rice) I cooked for dinner.

Ingredients: 
200 g fresh edamame (in pods), rinse
1/4 tsp salt
500 ml water

Method: 
  1. In a pot, bring water to a boil.
  2. Add in salt and edamame, cook for 2-3 minutes stir a few times for even cooking. 
  3. Drain and rinse with running water to bring down the temperature quickly. Drain well and serve with extra bowl/basket at the side for empty pods.  
Edamame

Comments

  1. i cant find your book at popular bookstores AEON Seremban 2,Seremban..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hody Loh,

    It is available in Popular book stores. For more details about the retail outlets you can contact Y3K Publisher y3krecipes@gmail.com

    Stay tuned, for MK blog give-away event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting
    new to your space
    lovely space you have
    happy following you..:)
    do stop by mine sometime

    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)