Avocado is relatively expensive in Malaysia, it costs around RM4.50 each. For comparison purpose, a can of coke is RM1.50 in Malaysia. There was a promotion last week, avocados from South Africa were selling at RM1.90 each and I bought a few.
I used it in sandwich, made avocado and blue cheese dip, and served with tartare as suggested by T. I made Japanese flavour dressing for tartare with the combination of soy sauce and wasabi. They matched pretty well, but I kept thinking that balsamic vinaigrette will be better match. What do you think?
Ingredients (2 servings):
1 no. Avocado
100g Salmon Sashimi, chopped
1 tsbp Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
½ tsp Sugar
¼ tsp Wasabi Paste
Pinch of Salt
- Dressing: In a cup, mix all ingredients until well blended. Set aside.
- Cut avocado lengthwise around the seed, open up and remove the pit.
- Scoop a tablespoonful of chopped sashimi into each half of avocado.
- Drizzle dressing over tartare just before serving as salmon will be "cooked" by citric acid if marinated.
- Avocado get oxidiszd easily, wipe cut surface with a piece of lemon or dip it into a thin salt solution will keep it from oxidizing as quickily.