How do you tackle with stale breads? I usually used them in making either this type of "cookies" or Almost Instant Pizza. I like to freeze leftover sliced breads, before its expiry date of course. When I need it, just thaw it on the kitchen bench for 10 minutes or so. It is even more convenient if using microwave.
This "cookie" is super easy snack to make with young children without messing up the kitchen. My 31months boy had fun making it, he loved the cookies too. This recipe can be found in Y3K Recipes, Issue No. 54, together with three other recipes from MK:
- Portabella Mushroom Burger
- Fish N Chips(similar recipe here)
- Pasta with Salmon and Mushroom Sauce
6 slices bread
3 tbsp butter or margarine
1 tbsp Sugar
½ tbsp Cinnamon Powder
- Mix sugar and cinnamon powder together to make cinnamon sugar. Transfer it into a salt shaker if available.
- Spread butter onto each slice of bread evenly. Then, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Cut into desired shape and size.
- Bake in the preheated oven, 150ºC for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in a airtight container.
- If prefer crispy outside and soft inside, bake or toast with higher temperature but reduce the cooking time.